Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dry run



Well the douchebag hat post went down like a lead balloon. Apologies for ruffling any feathers in my followers. Too many metaphors...

So I'm getting ready for bbq season which means cheeseburgers. I did a practice run in advance of a bbq i'm going to in June. Didn't want to bring something and then have everyone there go

" what is this? Is this poison? It tastes like poison."

The buns are from a recipe from the excellent Den Lepard in the guardian. A true king when it comes to baking. I used sesame seeds as I had no poppy. Worked fine.



I didn't go all out in making the burgers and condiments on this run which means there is a chance I may still poison attendees. But its a risk I'm willing to take.


And because I am a hungry hungry hippo I doubled down.
Up close they look bigger than they actually are. Ah who am I kidding. They are massive. I thought I might have been having a heart attack after I finished.
I don't know why my arms shake every time I try to take a photo mid eat. Probably the heart attack.
Next post.... More food.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

that last picture is terrifying, is this the last thing you saw before blacking out?